Friday 15 December 2017

Nu Skin AGELOC TRUE FACE ESSENCE ULTRA

Last month I tested Tru Face age lock essence ultra by Nuskin. The product was sent to me by the brand’s PR agent for review. At first sight the product seems pricy at a cost of R2500 for 60 capsules as a one month supply. The packaging is the typical tiny capsules of 10ml to be used twice daily as a serum right before your moisturiser. 

The product promise: 
To tackle the causes of skin ageing and elasticity by tightening the skin for a youthful appearance. The product contains Ethocyn to reconstruct elastin to late teen and mid 20s skin. Protects the skin from free radicals and ageing, hence the ageLOC promise.  

In our teens and 20s skin looks great with very effort. Skincare needs change as we age. A simple regime in our 20s of cleanser, toner and moisturiser and sunscreen has to be upgraded to one that caters for more demanding skin. By our late 20s the elasticity and regeneration ability of the skin decreases and signs of ageing starts to set in. 

All our skin mishaps start to show. Sleeping with makeup on, skipping sunscreen and sun damage, hormone fluctuation, diet and particularly lack of hydration levels show much more. The struggle becomes very real. Hormonal changes which affect the collagen and elastin content in our skin and the skin surface is noticeably different. fine lines and wrinkles show up and sagging starts to be a real thing. The fullness of our 20s is forever gone and the only way to deal with it is to alter our skincare regime to fill the gaps that are now a reality. For this reason one needs to supplement a basic regime with more advanced, more nourishing products that actually address the needs of changing skin. 

I have dry, sensitive, lighter skin and thus need very nourishing ingredients in my skincare regime. My dry skin means that I must include moisture. Dry skin can become crepe like very easily. it also means that i tend to get fine lines and wrinkles much more easily. Sensitivity means I have to be more selective in my choice of products. My light skin puts me at risk of sunburn. A broad spectrum sunscreen is my friend. In my 20s a serum was a treat. Now it is a must. 

Ingredients: 
The product is a silicone based oil blend not limited to: squalane (hydrating, antioxidant, skin replenishing, emollient) Dimethiconol (silicone emollient) Ubiquinone (soothing antioxidant), echinacea (immune booster) , centella asiatica (skin rejuvenation, wound healing, circulation), dunaliella salina (antioxidant) , bicyclootanone (stimulates elastin), camellia sinensis (stimulant), Safflower seed (linoleic acid, unclog the pores, minimises breakouts and helps with skin regeneration) Evening primrose oil (calming and hydrating, antioxidant), Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopheryl Linoleate (antioxidants). 

My experience with the product:
I enjoyed the look and feel of the product. At first use I felt like the 10ml capsule was too small to cover the entire area of my face, neck and dĂ©colletage. A few times I used two capsules instead of one. The first week on the trial I loved it. My skin went through a renewal. I had some peeling and my new skin seemed to regenerate faster than usual. I loved the feel of my skin. I enjoyed the feeling of the product on my skin as well. Because my skin is so dry I find heavy oils to create almost a plastic dryness on my skin. AgeLoc feels like a dry oil that absorbed quickly and no pilling when I followed with my moisturiser and sunscreen. This is an absolute plus. I absolutely hate when I introduce a new product and find it simply does not work with my existing regime. 

My skin looked and felt firmer. A bonus while using the product was that I did not have my regular monthly breakout. This is definitely a product I would buy. 



Purchasing information: 
Cost of the product is R2586.88 for a 60 quantity capsules as a one month supply. The product can be purchased directly from the distributor Nicolas Van Rensburg at nuskinnick@gmail.com. Alternatively see the national web address at www.nuskin.com/za 




No comments:

Post a Comment