Tuesday 28 July 2015

Naturalmente Intensive Hydrating Treatment: Fennel and Geranium Review


First Impression:


The Old packaging
The New packaging
The old brand packaging is my only issue with this product. The conditioner however at least had the first line in English as “deep hydrating” with the description: intensive hydrating treatment fennel and geranium”. The rear description reads: “vegetal and mineral intensive hydrating treatment ideal for dry, coarse, dull and chemically treated hair” It is further described to have “deep penetrating action from the vegetal extract and essential oils”. The brand has introduced new packaging that is much clearer and is certainly a big plus. 

First Use: 

At first use I loved the product and was subconsciously swayed by the liquorice scent of the fennel. One of the things I adore about the Naturalmente brand is the use of natural oils for scents. The geranium and fennel work well in this product to give a subtle fragrance of floral liquorice that I really enjoy. 

I like the consistency of this product. Its a very thick creamy consistency as opposed to a fluid liquid. What this allows me to do is to mix it with some water to create a superb leave in conditioner. So I use it in two different ways. Either I apply it in the detangling process to get all the knots and tangles out. Rinse. Followed by the watered down mixture that I use as a leave-in. Alternatively, when I want a shorter wash process I apply the watered down mixture right after the shampoo. I then comb/detangle and leave the conditioner in my hair. The product absorbs beautifully and dries with absolutely no residue. My curls turn out beautifully every time and I then just air dry and wear my ‘not-so-wash-n-go’ for a few days. Sometimes seven days till next washday. 


My experience: 

What I like about this product is the smooth slip and rich consistency I get when working it into my hair. It serves several functions as a detangler, conditioner and a leave-in.  Used to set my curls it dries without a crunch, deposits moisture and help separate my curls are beautifully. I love this conditioner. It is a go to product for me. 



The Fennel and Geranium set from the Basics range and Naturalmente Balsamic mask as well as the Moisture mask in the Elements range are some of my favourite deep treatments. What I love about these products is the quality and exceptional high standard in the manufacturing process. I am very free to experiment on myself but I do want to feel sure when applying products on my children’s hair. Both my children have very sensitive and dry skin. With the use of Naturalmente products I have the necessary peace of mind and stunning results every time.  I use the Elements treatments as once per month deep treatment as well as prior to any heat styling. 



Love Naturally
SHL 





Ingredients:
water- needs no description
cetyl alcohol- is an emollient, thickener and binder. Is of coconut fatty alcohol origin and is not greasy. Is a good ingredient to have in a conditioner. 

behenamidopropyl dimethylamine- emulsifying and anti-static agent

benzyl alcohol- Preservative. An organic alcohol found in certain fruits and leaves. Can be irritating in large volumes, however most cosmetic application are considered safe. Is a good ingredient

sodium benzoate- Preservative. Foodgrade. Also a fine ingredient. 

sodium dehydroacetate- Preservative. Sourced from organic salt. Considered good. 

These ingredient descriptions and function are discussed in the shampoo review. 
foeniculum vulgare (fennel) oil
amyris balsamifera bark oil
santalum album (sandalwood) oil
salvia sclarea (clary) oil
pelargonium graveolens oil
lavendula hybrida oil
citrus grandis (grapefruit) seed extract
citrus medica limonum (lemon) peel oil
hydrolysed soy protein
lactic acid
limonene
citronellol
geraniol
linalool
glycerin


Additional references: 


No comments:

Post a Comment