Monday 8 February 2016

Phenomenal Women of South Africa: Sipokazi

        Who is Sipokazi? 

I am a clothing designer in Johannesburg

        What are your interests?

Clothing- has been my first love since I was six. Consciousness- I know that it may sound weird but I love learning and experiencing the spiritual side of life and human interactions. There are a lot of things that make us think and interact the way we do; things science never told us about. Above all, I love to study the soul of  every person I meet. Finally, I practice yoga. 

        What are your views on:  ‘beauty’
The first word that comes to mind when I hear the word ‘beauty’ is humility. To see someone treat workers with the same respect they give the boss, to me that is beauty. Someone who befriends everyone, who is kind to homeless people, that to me is a beautiful soul. Humility cannot be faked even when people try to fake it. Humility has its own aura that draws you and consumes you and you can’t help but smile or get emotional when it hits you. There are 2 quotes that I recently saw that sum up beauty. One is by Audrey Hepburn and the second is unknown to me. 

 "Make-up can only make you look pretty on the outside but it doesn’t help if you’re ugly on the inside. Unless you eat the make-up”- Audrey Hepburn

“Women with radiant auras are so beautiful to me. Its not what they wear, (or lack of), its their spirit. Unshakable;undeniable. When you’re around it, it lifts you. To me, that’s beauty”- Author unknown



What is your favourite beauty trick?

I’m a simple person, complex but simple. The only makeup I use is foundation and lipstick and I prefer my hair natural or braids in winter time. 


     Tell us about your hair?
Natural or not and why
My hair is natural. I kept my hair natural most of my life and in 2010 I tried the weave and it was just not me. I remember how I’d take it off by myself at 2am in the morning because it was just not me. I felt like I was hiding.

DIY or salon girl
DIY. I have a barber though who cuts my hair on the sides but maintaining the afro, I do it myself. Winter time when I do braids, I do them myself. 

your regime
I normally get a haircut twice a month and every day I use MPL medicated oil for the afro and comb my hair. I normally wash it on Saturdays. 

your favourite products
When I have an afro like now I use MPL medicated oil. When I have braids I use Jabu Stone Multi Purpose Spray and Olive Oil ORS oil sheen spray interchangeably. When I have afro dread I use Jabu
Stone moulding cream to lock my hair.

your favourite hairstyle
The bob cut I have now. It paints a picture of where I am mentally as well. 

What makes you special? 
This is a question that I always struggle with. I guess I’d have to answer it referring to the times people have called me special. They normally say I’m special mentally, because I think different and my thought process is mostly crazy. I love to make people laugh and sometimes it’s not even intentional. Sometimes they laugh at how random I am or laugh at how transparent I am about my flaws. I guess, honesty makes me special lol. 

What would you like to share with our readers?
Be true to yourself. I know they probably have heard that a million times but it always hits home. To be authentically you is the most beautiful thing you could ever do for yourself. To stand in your own truth is refreshing. We meet a lot of people thriving to be like somebody else. That is an insult to the person you were meant to be, an insult to yourself. Just be true to yourself. Allow people to get to know the real you. You will attract people that were meant to be in your life by being yourself rather than attracting people that weren’t meant to be in your life and wondering why are you not happy. Be you. You owe yourself that much.



Where do we find you on social media?
Sipokazi Ncetani on all social media platforms

My email address is sncetani@gmail.com and my WhatsApp number is 0731886244

Love Naturally
SHL

5 comments:

  1. Lovely and a phenomenal lady indeed.

    https://lauralivll.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't thank when we shine. Just Shine Love. Be bright so that you may light the way for those behind you. Lots of love

      Delete
  2. There are just some people that were born to not just follow trends but to start some and this lady is walking proof of that. I am even more proud to be from South Africa as she is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. That means a lot. I love to translate where I am mentally into clothing. Thank you for that beautiful comment

      Delete